Amongst many schools and summer camps, the latest entrant to participate in the 'my river' sketching competition is 'Brushmen's school of Arts in South bazaar, Kannur. Managed by Sreejith MC, the summer camp with the focus on rivers will be organised on the 17th of Apr 2010.
It's also a special moment for Brushman's as they are celebrating their siver jubilee year. Certainly an auspicious time to celebrate rivers by inspiring their students to be part of Puzha Malayalam initiative.
Mr. Sreejith completed his Masters in Fine Arts (Sculptures) from Jamia Millia University, Delhi and along with Brushmen's, is also the founder of Malabar Kalakendra institute of visual and performing arts in Kannur district. Sreejith also has ventured into animation technology in 2002.
Mathrubumi newspaper also carried a small story inviting sketches in it's Calicut edition today and we are expecting this to trigger more enquiries. Along with many sketches from Kerala, today we also received a river sketch from a 9 year old girl from Austria.
For more regular updates, check us on twitter.
- Winners of crowd-sourcing of sketches
- 'Nalla kaaryam' - Sugatha Kumari
- suggestions invited for cover design of the book
- CN Karunakaran on rivers
- SMAAS tours and travels to support the initiative
- Rajiv Menon joins the judging panel
- Karuvanchal high school and more
- Judging panel announced
- Sargotsvam to organise sketch workshops
- Two more workshops to sketch
- The unique climatic and geographic conditions that...
- Brushmen's to join the river campaign
- Dhyana sankalpam students sketch 'my river'
- Anaswara Chitrakala Vidyalayam joins the initiativ...
- SANS creations - Thrissur to organise sketching wo...
- ▼ April (15)
- Nila Foundation
- What was once the life line of Kerala, is today a decaying, dying river. It is out of concern for Bharatapuzha (River Nila): the erosion of the river banks, the dilution of its culture, neglect and depletion of its resources - that the Nila foundation was formed. The foundation intends to provide a common platform for those who are concerned about rivers in general and River Nila in particular.