'SANS creations' based out of Thrissur and managed by Ms Jeeja Bhaskar, is dedicating one day of her summer workshop with students to inspire them to sketch 'my river', Out of all the entries recieved from around the world, the best 14 in three different age categories will be chosen to adorn the 14 chapters of the book 'Puzha Malayalam'. The 400-page 'Puzha Malayalam is an exploration of Kerala and her rivers. This is a book that reminds us that the death of its rivers will be death of Kerala itself and the only way to sustain life is by sustaining the rivers of the state.
Ms Jeeja Bhaskar has been running SANS creations for the last two years and have been training students in drawing, painting, clay modelling, fabric painting, embroidery to name a few. She has also been running successful culinary workshop at her school. Jeeja is organising several workshops for the summer vacation this year. She can be contacted on + 91.487.2360.697 or on email.
Similarly, Dhyana Sankalpam mural school in Kozhikode is also organising a specialist workshop for its regular students to sketch on the theme of 'My river'. Check out for more details here.
- Winners of crowd-sourcing of sketches
- 'Nalla kaaryam' - Sugatha Kumari
- suggestions invited for cover design of the book
- CN Karunakaran on rivers
- SMAAS tours and travels to support the initiative
- Rajiv Menon joins the judging panel
- Karuvanchal high school and more
- Judging panel announced
- Sargotsvam to organise sketch workshops
- Two more workshops to sketch
- The unique climatic and geographic conditions that...
- Brushmen's to join the river campaign
- Dhyana sankalpam students sketch 'my river'
- Anaswara Chitrakala Vidyalayam joins the initiativ...
- SANS creations - Thrissur to organise sketching wo...
- ▼ April (15)
- Nila Foundation
- What was once the life line of Kerala, is today a decaying, dying river. It is out of concern for Bharatapuzha (River Nila): the erosion of the river banks, the dilution of its culture, neglect and depletion of its resources - that the Nila foundation was formed. The foundation intends to provide a common platform for those who are concerned about rivers in general and River Nila in particular.