SMAAS tours and travels based in Tirur, Malappuram district has announced its partnership in inviting sketches for the Puzha Malayalam book. A well known DMC in Malabar region, SMAAS has been supporting Nila Foundation's various initiatives for a while now. On 22 APR 2010, they are hiring space at Thunjan parambu to organise a workshop similar to summer camps that we shared in the previous blog posts. About 20 youngsters will be sketching on the theme of "my river".
Mohammed Baven, entrepreneurial proprietor of SMAAS tours and travels said, "It's with great pleasure that we are joining the initiative. We will be canvasing in all regions we are active to inspire people to contribute to sketches. As a first step, we have organised to have a workshop in Tirur Thunjan Parambu. We are also been discussing the possibilities of approaching the public with a chart paper and black ink pen asking people to sketch in locations like taxi stand. "
Crowd-sourcing of sketches can't get better. More details of SMAAS tours and travels can be found here.
- Winners of crowd-sourcing of sketches
- 'Nalla kaaryam' - Sugatha Kumari
- suggestions invited for cover design of the book
- CN Karunakaran on rivers
- SMAAS tours and travels to support the initiative
- Rajiv Menon joins the judging panel
- Karuvanchal high school and more
- Judging panel announced
- Sargotsvam to organise sketch workshops
- Two more workshops to sketch
- The unique climatic and geographic conditions that...
- Brushmen's to join the river campaign
- Dhyana sankalpam students sketch 'my river'
- Anaswara Chitrakala Vidyalayam joins the initiativ...
- SANS creations - Thrissur to organise sketching wo...
- ▼ April (15)
- Nila Foundation
- What was once the life line of Kerala, is today a decaying, dying river. It is out of concern for Bharatapuzha (River Nila): the erosion of the river banks, the dilution of its culture, neglect and depletion of its resources - that the Nila foundation was formed. The foundation intends to provide a common platform for those who are concerned about rivers in general and River Nila in particular.